Marshall and I were both shocked and elated when the doctor said "It's a girl!". While neither of us had a preference, and while we had no clear "feeling" of what we were having, hearing that we're having a little girl brought a whole new level of joy to our lives instantaneously. I will never forget the look on Marshall's face when he heard the news and then began to process the consecutive thoughts that: A) He's going to have a daughter (the phrase "daddy's girl" could be read all over his face), and
B) The realization that, with a girl, her wedding will someday be in our financial future
I drove home from the doctor's office in a daze and began to make phone calls to family and friends. Then, once my hands stopped shaking from all the disbelief and excitement, I ironed the letters on my shirt (shown above) and left to meet Marshall and his parents at dinner so we could give them the good news. They were as ecstatic as we were, and Diane (aka. Yaya) insisted we go shopping for little pink baby clothes right after dinner (which, we did!).
While the shock and disbelief have disappeared, the joy and excitement remain. We are now even more looking forward to her arrival on August 10th. In the meantime, we can look at her cute clothes (which Marshall has done every morning this weekend - priceless!), talk about possible names, and start looking at furniture and paint colors as we prepare her baby room.
We love you, Baby Girl Nau!