Monday, February 21, 2011

The 5 F's

February. Flu. Football. Freezing snow. Fire.

A lot took place in our home in February - and the month isn't even over yet!

At the beginning of the month, our poor little Avery got the FLU! I was shocked when the doctor told me. And as she was too young at the time for flu medications or the vaccine, we just had to wait it out and use home remedies to ease her discomfort. I must say, she was quite a trooper, and aside from a stuffy nose she was back to her happy self in a matter of days.

While Avery was recovering, our house filled with the smells and sounds of crunchy chips, dips, veggies, and oh my, candy! Why, you ask? For the Super Bowl, of course!

I think it is safe to say that football is Marshall's MOST FAVORITE activity - whether it be watching football, playing flag football, reading about NFL players, watching the NFL Draft, or listening to sports talk radio. And, as Avery IS Marshall's daughter, she too is enthralled with football. So what better way to get over her flu than to enjoy the last game of the season in her daddy's lap.

As the month wore on, San Antonio experienced something that happens just about once every four years... An election? Nope - we had freezing snow! Here are pictures to prove that we did in fact get snow/ice (and to also show my New England friends just how little it takes to shut down this city for a day).

While you may think that the freezing snow is a rare occasion here in SA, there is one more thing that is even rarer: lighting a fire in our fireplace. Okay, maybe this is only rare in OUR home, but I vow to put an end to this! We have lived in this house for 8 years, and had NEVER used our fireplace. Well, the chilling temperatures that came with the freezing snow changed all that. I was delighted to finally "break in" our fireplace... but Marshall? Well, let's just say he was less than thrilled (he now really enjoys it, though probably won't admit that!).

So there you have it - what a month February has turned out to be! I wonder what March will bring...